Fuel Rebate Program
Phillips 66® Aviation Announces Fuel Rebate to Support Medical Compassion Flight Pilots
Program will help some 4,000 missions a year that fly seriously ill children, adults to critically needed medical care
HOUSTON, April 26 – A pioneering rebate program, designed to support pilots that volunteer their aircraft and time to fly seriously ill patients who need specialized medical treatments, is being launched by Phillips 66® Aviation.
Starting June 1, pilots flying missions organized and approved by Angel Flight Northeast and Mercy Medical Airlift (which administers Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic and Airlift Hope America) will qualify for a $1-per-gallon rebate on fuel purchased using Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card at a Phillips 66 Aviation branded FBO. There are more than 713 Phillips 66 FBOs across the country.
The program, a first for general aviation, could initially support more than 1,600 active pilots that fly these critically important flights in the Northeast United States.
“These missions mean so much to seriously ill children, adults and their families,” explains Jim Smith, Executive Director, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic and Airlift Hope America. “It takes a generous commitment of time and finances from volunteer pilots. With the cost of avgas what it is, the Phillips 66 Compassion Flight Fuel Rebate could make the difference in whether or not a pilot flies that extra, crucial mission for us.”
The rebate applies to avgas purchased from a Phillips 66 Aviation dealer and paid with a Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card. The rebate is applied as a credit to the pilots Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card account.
“Through this program, Phillips 66 Aviation is saying to these volunteer pilots, ‘we recognize your value, we appreciate your efforts and we support you,’” says Rod Palmer, Manager of Aviation for Phillips 66. “If it encourages more pilots to volunteer or take more medical flights, then we’ll consider this program a success.”
Fuel rebate eligibility requirements include:
- Volunteer pilot must be a member of a charitable organization approved by Phillips 66® Aviation to participate in this program. For 2017, approved charities include Angel Flight Northeast, and Mercy Medical Airlift administered Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic and Airlift Hope America.
- Rebate applies to avgas purchased on the Phillips 66® Aviation Personal Credit Card at Phillips 66-branded FBOs. It does not apply to purchases of jet fuel, motor fuel or other fuel brands. Pilot can apply online for a Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card at www.phillips66aviation.com/#basecards?from=base.
- Rebate applies to avgas purchased to fly a mission coordinated and approved by a charitable organization participating in this Program.
- Volunteer pilot must complete the Claim Form and submit it to CitiBank with the original or a copy of the credit card receipt(s). The Claim Form can be obtained from the charities approved by Phillips 66 Aviation to participate in this program.
- Claim Form with all documentation must be submitted within 90 days of actual flight date.
- The $1-per-gallon rebate will be applied by CitiBank to the pilot’s Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card balance within 2-3 billing cycles of receipt of the completed Claim Form.
Angel Flight Northeast volunteer pilots have flown more than 53,000 children and adults over eight million miles, explains Larry Camerlin, President and Volunteer Pilot for the group, based at Lawrence Municipal Airport in Andover, Mass. Many patients come from rural areas, he says, without access to the hospitals and care they need to survive.
Compassion Flight rebates from Phillips 66 start June 1.
For more information, contact Angel Flight Northeast at 978-794-6868, or visit AngelFlightNE.org; Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic, 800-296-3797, or visit AngelFlightMidAtlantic.org; Airlift Hope America, 800-325-8908, or visit AirliftHope.org. Or visit phillips66aviation.com.
Below are the related links you may find helpful:
- FAQ - Compassion Flight Fuel Rebate Program
- The Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card information page on Phillips 66 Aviation website.
(Click "Apply Now")
- The Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card "Online Application"
- The Phillips 66 Aviation FBO Locator:
About Phillips 66 Aviation
Phillips 66 Aviation is now the largest network of branded aviation fuel dealers in the United States. For 82 years Phillips 66 Aviation has been making and supplying fuel for aviation. Currently, Phillips 66 Aviation supplies jet fuel and avgas to a network of 713 Fixed Base Operations. More information is available at http://www.phillips66aviation.com/. Phillips 66 is a trademark of ConocoPhillips Company or one of its subsidiaries.