Fast Facts about Angel Flight Northeast
- Range from transporting children and adults for medical care to flying people for compassion flights and other compelling needs.
- All our flights are offered completely FREE to the passenger,their family, and travelling companions.
- Angel Flight NE has never refused anyone in need.
- We serve patients nationwide through our partnership with other air charities and airlines.
- Approximately 40% of our patients are children, suffering from life-threatening cancer, severe burns or crippling diseases.
- We will fly people for as long and as often as they need to travel, with no limit whatsoever to the number of flights we provide.
Our Flights and Area of Coverage:
- Our flights are flown in private aircraft, by volunteer pilots and commercial airlines.
- Our volunteer pilots donate their time, talent, airplane, fuel and operating expenses.
- Our volunteer pilots have flown over 14 million miles.
- We have scheduled more than 77,000 missions since 1996.
- On average we coordinate 80-100 missions per week.
- We have recruited 500+ volunteer trained pilots.
- Over 200 “Earth Angels” donate their time and cars to drive our patients to and from the hospital and airports.
- Each dollar donated generates on average five dollars worth of contributed services by Angel Flight NE volunteers.
- Our primary service area covers 9 states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Additionally, we can serve patients nationwide through our partnership with other air charities and airlines.
Recognitions for Our Passion for Service:
- CNN’s “Headline News”, NBC’s “The Today Show”, and Boston’s ABC, NBC and CBS affiliates, have featured us on TV.
- Recipient of National Child Labor Committee’s 1999 Special Lewis Hine Award.
- Named the 2010 Family Advocate of the Year by Boston Parents Paper
- Recognized with "The Hero Among Us," award from the Boston Celtics and Boston Globe.
- We are known for the hope, compassion and respect that we provide to our patients and their families.
- We are a non-profit, 501 (c) (3), tax exempt organization.